2016: 2 Jahre nach dem Untergang
Der Untergang der Ferry SEWOL bei Jindo, Südkorea, 16.4.2014
2 Jahre danach 16.04.2014 - 16.04.2016
15. April, 19:00 Uhr in der Werkstatt der Kulturen
"Die Wahrheit soll nicht untergehen". Südkoreas investigativer Journalismus im Aufwind
Die Veranstaltung »Die Wahrheit soll nicht untergehen« findet anlässlich des zweiten Jahrestages des Untergangs der Sewol-Fähre statt. Am 16. April 2014 kamen bei dem Unglück 304 Menschen ums Leben, darunter 250 Schülerinnen und Schüler, die sich auf einer Klassenfahrt zur Jeju Insel befanden.
2015-11-18 - Video 1:16:58 "Menschenrechtsverletzungen in SK"
2015-10-24 Film und Diskussion
2015-10-04 Film: Diving Bell
Monthly silent protest on the third Saturday of each month to remember the Sewol victims, demand Korean government to raise the Sewol ferry without dismantling for a thorough inquiry and recover all missing victims; to punish those responsible; and to enact special anti-disaster regulations.
- The meeting point is North side of Trafalgar square (in front of National Gallery).
23rd 'Stay Put' Sewol silent protest will be on Saturday 19 March.
Anything you can do will be great support, including liking the post / sharing / supporting / participating. - Please join us.
Sewol London 2016-02-14 - Victims items to be returned home
After 646 days since the disaster, items recovered from the Sewol ferry were sent to Ansan, where the communal altar for victims is. The 416Memory project team and over 100 volunteers together took photos of each item and categorised.
24. März um 13:59 (Facebook)
Dear My friends who are working in the filed of human rights or any areas of work
I would like you to take part in a social media campaign to show solidarity with the victims of the Sewol ferry sinking. You may have read about the sinking of the Sewol ferry (Sewol ferry disaster) in 16 April 2014, an incident in which 304 people lost their lives.
16 April 2016 marks the 2nd anniversary of the sinking, but we still face many obstacles to truth and justice.
Here is how you can participate:
1. Yellow ribbons have been widely used to commemorate the victims of the Sewol ferry. Take a photo yourself holding or wearing a yellow ribbon (or any other object colored yellow). You may also take a photo of the yellow ribbon or object itself.
2. Post the photo on social media along with a message of support (preferably Facebook or Instagram)
3. For the message of support, you may choose one of the preset messages below or write a message of your own.
- All human beings are free and equal.
- Money and power cannot precede human life and dignity.
- We support the efforts of the Sewol ferry victims and their families to seek truth and justice.
4. Tag the post using all of the following tags (hashtags): #416 #416declaration #yellowribbon #yellowribbonselfie #yellowribbonselfieproject #sewolferry
5. Send me a link to your post.
You can search Facebook with the tag #416declaration to see what others have uploaded (sorry for the language, it is all written in Korean) (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/416declaration…).
Karina auf Facebook:
On April 16th 2016 it's been two years since the Sewol Ferry
sank and 304 people got killed? Still we don't kmow
how and why this could happen, still 9 victims are
We still remember, we still don't remain silent, we still pray.