Der 1. Bericht über Schäden in christlichen Gemeinden in Nordost-Japan
14. März 2011
UCCJ churches & disaster
As of 13:35 AM, March 14
(a rough translation from http://www.douhoku.org/)
<Hokkai District: Hokkaido>
1. Horoizumi Church ... Flooded above floor level.
2. Urakawa Preaching Point ... Some members are sick.
Other than above, pastors and church members are safe.
No info obtained for 1/3 of churches in Hokkai District.
<Ou District: Aomori, Akita & Iwate Prefecture>
3. Miyako Church ... Tsunami reached the church, contaminated by heavy oil. Unable to use the building. The city is destroyed completely along the cost.
4. Kitakami Church ... Damaged.
5. Shinsei Kamaishi Church ...Tsunami stroke the building completely.
6. Senâmaya Church ... Damaged everywhere. Dangerous. Unable to contact the members living in the coast area.
7. Ofunado Church ... Some members are missing.
8. Shibajuku Church ... Light damage.
9. Shunan Church ... Light damage on the tower.
Pastors look fine, but the UCCJ has little info about the members of some of the churches in Iwate Prefecture.
<Tohoku District: Miyagi, Fukushima & Yamagata Prefecture>
10. Odaka Preaching Point ... Tsunami almost reached the church, but no damage.
11. Kashima Eiko Church ... Ceiling fell.
12. Shiroishi Church ... Pastorâs house is disorderly inside.
13. Natori Church ... Tsunami destroyed the lower part of the city. A part of the church ceiling fell.
14. Fukushima Church ... Chimney, walls and ceiling fell. Cracks.
15. Fukushima Shinmachi Church ... A part of the walls fell.
16. Hobara Church ... Cracks.
17. Asaka Church ... Cracks.
18. Koriyama Church ... Pastorâs house damaged.
19. Koriyama Hosonuma Church ... Severely damaged.
20. Sukagawa Church ... Cracks.
21. Yabuki Church ... Cracks in kindergarten.
The district executives are trying hard to collect info, but still little info for some of churches.
<Kanto Kyoku: Tochigi, Ibaraki, Saitama, Gumma & Niigata Prefecture>
22. Utsunomiya Church ... Ceiling fell.
23. Utsunomiya Uwamachi Church ... Walls fell.
24. Yaita Church ... Cracks in Kindergaten.
25. Nishi-Nasuno Church ... A number of cracks. Pipe-organ needs repairs.
26. Mito Church ... Cracks.
27. Mito Chuo Church ... Whole building needs repairs.
28. Shimodate Church ... Cracks.
29. Ishioka Church ...Cracks.
30. Mitsukaido Church ...Cracks.
31. Ryugasaki Church ... A crevice appeared in the kindergarten.
32. Katsuta Church ... Cracks.
33. Kashima Church ... Crack in a ground. No water.
34 Morokawa Preaching Point ... Cracks. A part of the ceiling fell.
35 Tsukuba Gakuen Church ... Pipe-organ needs repairs.
Pastors and members are fine.
<Tokyo District: Tokyo & Chiba Prefecture>
36. Bancho Church ... Cracks.
37. Kamitomisaka Church ... one wall fell partly